Every 23 minutes a van is broken into and tools stolen, can you afford to be without your tools for work? Social media nowadays is full of cctv videos being shared by victims of Tool theft, desperate to get their belongings back to be able to return to work.
To help combat theft, see our top tips below:
- Park in a well lit area
- Consider fitting a dash cam with motion sensors and night vision
- Test your alarm regularly
- Back your vehicle up against a wall where possible, reducing rear entry
- Consider adding extra security such as deadbolt locks
- Visibly mark your property, consider getting your company name and details engraved, painted or stickered on
- Keep a note of serial numbers and take photos of your most expensive and hard to replace tools
- Purchase a vehicle without rear windows, or if your vehicle does have windows get them blacked out to prevent thieves from viewing your contents
- Avoid leaving your tools in your vehicle whenever possible
- Invest in some Tool Cover insurance!
We can now cover your tools from as little as £35.00 per year! Call today on 01892 501 852